- Office Space: For a reminder that memos are the worst, mandatory Hawaiian shirt day should be banned and that no one wants a soulless job.
- The Best of Everything: 1959 New York publishing house, Joan Crawford vamps it up and bright-eyed young women have terrible things happen to them. Watch it and be happy that this is a campy melodrama and not your reality!
- Broadcast News: I always want to call this a romantic comedy despite the lack of an easy love story. It's an amazingly well-written script and a nice look at people who love their jobs.
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee: I cheated, this one is not a movie. Jerry Seinfeld and his comedian friends meet up for coffee and chats about life, cars and the creative process. It will motivate you to get moving!
- Man Push Cart: Much darker than my other recommendations, this sparse film follows a bit of the life of an immigrant struggling to literally push his coffee cart around NYC and cope with sadness in his past.
- That Touch of Mink: Let's end this list on a ridiculous note. Doris Day gets splashed by Cary Grant's limo while on her way to a job interview. Shenanigans ensue, Day's clothes are cute, Grant is handsome. What else do you need?
Sunday, November 24, 2013
6 Movies to Watch During Your Career Based Existential Crisis!
The following 6 movies are guaranteed to perk you back up after a long day of resume edits, job searching, networking and general what-am-I-doing-with-my-life moments!